- The Company
The Private Company under the name “Foniadakis Business Center P.C.” (here in after referred to as Φ 1618travel), which has its registered offices in Heraklion (44, Knossos Str., 71306) has built the http://1618travel.com/ an online transaction portal for tourist products and services.
- Acceptance of the General Terms and Conditions
The use of the website and the services rendered by Φ 1618travel are governed by the following General Terms and Conditions (henceforth GTC) following the Council Directive 90/314/EEC of 13 June 1990 on package travel, package holidays and package tours . With each reservation or purchase of a product or of a service offered through http://1618travel.com/ , customers-users unreservedly accept these General Terms and Conditions as mentioned below.
- Services/ Products – Scope of application of the GTC.
Φ1618travel is a website which offers tourist products and services. In particular, Φ 1618travel offers the following services to its customers:
- Tours in the island of Crete (in the major cities Chania, Rethymnon, Heraklion Agios Nikolaos, in traditional villages, in places of archaeological interest and in places of natural beauty).
- Tours in the island of Santorini, tours in the city of Athens. Custom tours through Greece. The above tours are conducted:
- by bus or taxi cab or minivan (or the vehicle of your choice), accompanied by a tour guide or a local tour guide
- By foot (Walking tours) within the centre the major cities of Crete: Chania, Rethymnon, Heraklion accompanied by a tour guide or a local tour guide.
- Organization of comprehensive private tours for customers which includes or may include part of the following services:
- overnight accommodation
It should be underlined that Φ1618travel does not render the services offered solely by itself; it mediates in the booking of these services (e.g. transportation, accommodation, and other tourist services) which are offered by third parties. When a reservation is made, the contract concluded exclusively binds the customer and the provider of the specific product or service. The service of Φ1618travel exclusively consists of its mediation between the customer and the provider and its responsibility is limited only to the fulfilment of this service provision.
- Booking- Booking confirmation
A booking is finalised when all fields are completed in the relevant forms and payment has been processed. Customers are solely responsible for providing information that is accurate .The voucher must be printed, and be presented, when requested, as proof of purchase of the service.
- Accepted Cuyrrency- Methods of payment- Transactions security.
The currency accepted for all transactions is euro (€). Most types of major credit cards (Visa, AMEX, MasterCard, and UnionPay) are accepted. All financial transactions are redirected from our site and conducted within the secure environment of Alpha Bank’s website.
- Cancellations and Refund policies- Penalty changes
Provision has been made for the possibility of cancelling an agreed product or service.
- More than four days prior to the scheduled tour: Full refund, excluding 15% for administrative and credit card fees
- 4 days prior to the scheduled tour: No refund
- No show or delay of arrival: No refund
Refunds will be returned within 30 days of the cancellation date. A fee of 15% will be withheld for administrative and credit card fees. If the tour is cancelled by Φ1618travel, no commission is kept.
In case that Φ1618travel acts as an intermediate to a service provided by a third party (supplier) to the customers – the terms and conditions regarding cancellation of the respective third part apply.
- Privacy – Confidentiality
When the customer/ user books through Φ1618travel, personal information is requested which is processed and saved accordingly. Φ1618travel is committed not to sell, rent or disclose this information to third parties, unless written consent is explicitly provided by the website’s customers /users. Moreover management and protection of the personal data of visitors/users of the website’s, which is collected during visits to, or use of services on, the pages of http://1618travel.com/ website are subject to respective provisions of Law 2472/1997 pertaining to the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data, as amended and currently in force.
Φ1618travel makes all possible efforts to ensure the smooth operation and provision of tourist services. Φ1618travel shall not be liable and shall not indemnify any person against strikes, force majeure or any other reason that is not under its direct control. Furthermore, it shall not be held liable to pay compensation for any additional expense, omission, delay, change of route, or action or omission by any governmental authority.Φ1618travel makes all possible efforts to ensure the smooth, uninhibited and secure operation of its website.
- User (customer) responsibility
Customers are obliged to comply with Greek legislation pertaining to passports, the issuance of visas, health regulations, etc.
The use of this website must be made exclusively for lawful purposes and in a lawful manner so that its use by third parties is not restricted or prevented. Customers shall be obliged to use the website in accordance with the law. The booking of products or services through this website is permitted only for lawful bookings and purchases made in the name of the customer or with respect to other persons, in the name of and on whose behalf the customer is entitled to act.
- Amendment to the General Terms of Transaction
11. Applicable Law
Greek law exclusively governs the relations between customers of this website and Foniadakis Business Center P.C. The courts of Heraklion Crete shall be competent to settle any differences that may arise between the counterparties.
According to Greek and European legislation (P.D. 336/1996) Φ1618travel is obliged to offer liability insurance for its travellers.